- Thu, Jan 21https://bit.ly/3mlqkmiFact Check Happy Hour, Thursday, Jaunary 21st @ 7:00pmNot everything you see or read on the internet is true. In fact, your internet may be lying to you on purpose! During this informal and fun discussion hour, we’ll share examples, talk about the common types of misinformation and how you can prevent yourself from falling for it.
- Fri, Jan 29https://bit.ly/2KsBCI4Crafternoon: Book Alteration Friday, January 29th @ 4:00pmTurn old unwanted books into new works of art! This class will show you some basic techniques of book manipulation. We will have some materials (books & magazines) available for pick-up for those who want them. Families welcome. Join here: https://bit.ly/2KsBCI4
- Mon, Feb 01michaeltkeene.com/registrationAbandoned: The Untold Story of Orphan Trains (Premiere Event), Monday Feb. 1st @ 11:00amAuthor and historian Michael Keene has produced a unique online documentary The premiere event will allow you to watch the film and join him on a Q&A chat. The program is free but requires registration. To do so visit: michaeltkeene.com/registration You'll get a link that you can watch at any time.
- Wed, Feb 03https://bit.ly/3dFx5fgTrivia Night (Online) Wed., February 3rd @ 7:00pmTest your general trivia knowledge against neighbors and friends with our popular online event. As always, questions are family friendly, so let the kids stay up...they might know more than you do! Join the event here: https://bit.ly/3dFx5fg
- Thu, Feb 04https://bit.ly/381E9RJReader's Choice Book Club, Thurs. February 4th @ 7:00pmThis month we'll be discussing William Kent Krueger’s "This Tender Land". If you've read the book and want to join the discussion, all are welcome. If you'd like to take part in our book club, let us know (email@example.com). Join here https://bit.ly/381E9RJ
- Thu, Feb 11https://bit.ly/38AYdMcAround the World with Arkai (Virtual Concert) Thurs. Feb. 11th @ 7:00 pmJoin us for an exhilarating LIVE virtual concert by the string duo ARKAI as they present a genre-defying evening of original compositions and arrangements that draw on musical influences from around the world. REGISTER HERE to get the link: https://bit.ly/38AYdMc
- Fri, Feb 19https://bit.ly/39x7tR6Kingston's Pine Street African-American Cemetery, Friday Feb. 19th @ 7:00pmJoin us for an important local history presentation by Joseph Diamond (SUNY New Paltz) about Kingston’s African-American cemetery on Pine Street, discussed in the context of slavery in Ulster County. Join the meeting here: https://bit.ly/39x7tR6
- Tue, Feb 23https://bit.ly/2XA"Orphan Train" Discussion Group, Tuesday Feb. 23rd @ 7:00pmAll month long, we've provided access to Michael Keene's documentary film "Abandoned: The Untold Story of Orphan Trains". This event will be an informal discussion of the film and issues it raised. We'll also provide some resources for further investigation. Join the meeting here: https://bit.ly/2XA